Monday, March 18, 2013

Ghouls Night Out: Official B&W Zine Issue Sponsor!

Ghouls Night Out Fest 2013
When I first imagined the B&W issue I was going for high quality paper and artists just like our regular magazine but in a B&W format.  Recently I realized the error in my ways.  Why just be a little different when you could go back to the roots?  Zines are an awesome way for people to get all their art and writing and whatever creative imaginings out in the public.  I've also always been attracted to heavily xeroxed images.  The grain to me is a thing of beauty.  So it was decided then.  The B&W issue was going to be a Zine version of the same old Gore Noir Magazine you've come to hate.

Now what were we going to cover?  Well.. Bands and Zines go together like PB&J right?  I've always wanted to cover more bands but just never had the space.  The regular GN mag leans more towards Art and Photography so this would be the perfect format to give all these awesome bands that have been hitting us up a chance to get printed.  So we're DIY'ing this sonovabitch and cut and pasting it all together.  We've already got the cover.  The bands have been pouring in.  What's next?  I'm missing something here aren't I?

Suzi Rubbish by Obscuri
Oh yea fucking advertising!  Well I wanted to go 32 pages with this issue.  Keep costs down and we won't be too high on glue sticks after we're done.  I also don't want to cut any of these bands or artists out.. What do I do?  Fuck it we'll just go with one sponsor/advertiser on the back page and give the people what they want..  Lots and lots of content with pretty much no ads.  AND that my friends is where we are at!  This is where Matt from Ghouls Night Out steps in and snags up the opportunity right off the bat.  We now have an awesome sponsor in Ghouls Night Out Fest!  It's perfect... These guys bring you the best in horror music every year in their festival.. And we were going to be bringing you the best in horror music in a Zine.  Perfect fit!

Expect TONS of horror bands to browse through.  Some really cool B&W art, and that sweet cut and paste quality.  This issue doesn't have a due date as of yet but when I'm 80% done I'll start doing presales and I'll post to the Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment