Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Ashy Slashy: Queen of Halloween "There's nothing to worry about."


"There's nothing to worry about. You're going to be just fine. I will take good care of you. I'm your number one fan."

So I get asked quite frequently what inspires ideas for my makeups that I do. And the answer is pretty simple:
Horror.

Horror is my biggest inspiration. Horror is my love. Horror is my soulmate. Horror is life itself. Without horror I wouldn't be the crazy person I am today. I am a horror fanatic.
Villains also are a big inspiration for me. I can relate to the villain, the villain is always badass looking and let's face it: it's more fun to be a villain.
"Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative!"
When people ask me for advice on ideas for makeup, I usually if not always tell them to go with what inspires them. Horror inspires me, because you can quite literally take any character from anything and make it scary, make it horrifying, grotesque... And I love that with horror you have no limits. Horror gives so much room to get creative and that's why I love it so much.
Whatever inspires you, use it.

Whatever makes you happy, use it.

You'd be amazed with what you can set your mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment