Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Ashy Slashy Queen of Halloween's First Post!

 
I originally was going to title this post "What's my name, bitch", but remembered I'm not Freddy Krueger no matter how many times I say that word. With that being said, ello' I'm Ash, also known by Ash Von Horror and Ash Slaughter.
So let me fill you in on a few things about myself. I'm a 31 year old professional weirdo who likes expressing myself with make-up. Brief enough, yes? And that's why I'm here, to discuss the lovely world that is SFX/Make-up.

I've been doing make-up as a hobby for about 10 years now. I love everything about it, love that you can do just about anything with it. Create characters, recreate icons, scare the mortals.. ya know, the fun stuff.

I tend to get a lot of questions about my process, how do I come up with ideas, etc, so I'm going to do my best to answer some of those questions right now!
Where do you come up with ideas?
- Sometimes friends will send me artwork to try to recreate my own take. Sometimes it's literally random and I'm winging it as I go. Sometimes I want to recreate characters that are interesting. Sometimes I want to challenge myself.

What's your favorite make-up you've done so far?
- I actually don't have a particular favorite, but I am rather proud of some of my make- ups. Pinhead (Hellraiser) & Julie (Return of the Living Dead 3) I'm most proud of.
What inspires you?
- Horror. Horror is my life, my love, my soulmate. I embrace horror, cherish it.

What's more difficult: Beauty or SFX?
- Beauty. I don't know why, but for me it's more difficult.

And if you ever have any questions, hit me up! I'm always willing to help others, especially in the world of make-up. Anything that encourages people to express their art? I'm your biggest supporter. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading my ramblings and I'll be here coming up with more ideas for you guys!

🖤- Ash

2 comments:

  1. Love this article and I love you!!! You are awesome 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the strongest buffets guy ever, you are awesome

    ReplyDelete